Learn Sitar/Sitar Lessons London
I welcome anyone who is starting out on their journey in Indian Music and the sitar with open arms! It is impossible to learn the sitar from a book, and apart from the lack of material out there, the aural tradition of learning Indian Classical music should be embraced.
You will learn:
- Correct and comfortable holding position with good posture
- How to tune the sitar
- Raga and tala theory and practice
- In a relaxed environment at your own pace
As a sitar player I have:
- Studied in India with Pandit Arvind Parikh (senior-most disciple of Ustad Vilayat Khan)
- Completed MMus degree under the guidance of Dharambir Singh MBE
- Attended workshops with: Rajan and Sajan Mishra (kyhal vocalists), Budhaditya Mukerjee (sitar), Mehboob Nadeem (sitar) and Buddhadev Das Gupta (sarod)
Sitar Basics Video Tutorial:
I have loved Indian music and the sitar for a long time but have found very little quality online tuition for people to get started on this fantastic instrument. It is usually necessary to travel (sometimes long distances) to a teacher and in our ever-increasing busy lives this can sometimes be the biggest hurdle in starting. For this reason I have started developing a Sitar Basics Video Tutorial.
In these tutorials you will discover:
- The basics of the sitar and Indian Music
- How to tune your sitar
- Right and left hand techniques
- How to sit and hold your sitar
- A number of different basic paltas (exercises)
By the end you will be ready to make an informed decision on the next step of your learning.
Please Download My 1o Thing About The Sitar And Indian Music And I’ll Keep You Updated With Developments!
10 THINGS ABOUT THE SITAR AND INDIAN MUSIC YOU MAY NOT KNOW!
If you are looking for a sitar teacher close to London in the UK please get in touch. I teach from home in the Bromley/Orpington area. The nearest station is Petts Wood, which you can get to easily from Charing Cross, Cannon Street, London Bridge and London Victoria.