Learn Sitar/Sitar Lessons London
I welcome anyone who is starting out on their journey in Indian Music and the sitar with open arms! It is impossible to learn the sitar from a book, and apart from the lack of material out there, the aural tradition of learning Indian Classical music should be embraced.
You will learn:
- Correct and comfortable holding position with good posture
- How to tune the sitar
- Raga and tala theory and practice
- In a relaxed environment at your own pace
As a sitar player I have:
- Studied in India with Pandit Arvind Parikh (senior-most disciple of Ustad Vilayat Khan)
- Completed MMus degree under the guidance of Dharambir Singh MBE
- Attended workshops with: Rajan and Sajan Mishra (kyhal vocalists), Budhaditya Mukerjee (sitar), Mehboob Nadeem (sitar) and Buddhadev Das Gupta (sarod)
10 THINGS ABOUT THE SITAR AND INDIAN MUSIC YOU MAY NOT KNOW!
If you are looking for a sitar teacher close to London in the UK please get in touch. I teach from home in the Bromley/Orpington area. The nearest station is Petts Wood, which you can get to easily from Charing Cross, Cannon Street, London Bridge and London Victoria.