I enjoy finding out the challenges that you as a student face and working with you to achieve your goals. I teach all Trinity Grades and also tutor for GCSE and A Level Music. I teach both online (Zoom/Skype) and from my home studio in the Bromley/Orpington area of SE London.
“James is a great guitar tutor who is patient, knowledgable and very skilled. He has helped me push my guitar playing forward when I got to place where I was struggling to improve by giving me practical knowledge of the fretboard and useful exercises to put the theory into practice. I thoroughly recommend.” A.R
“I started studying with James during my time at Brunel University where he taught lessons for the music programmes guitarists. His knowledge of the instrument and its genres are second to none and the lessons are inspiring, fun and filled with incredible insight from one of the UK’s finest musicians. I continue to have the occasional lesson with James when I need to be challenged!” J.C
PgDip Guildhall School of Music and Drama
MMus University of Leeds
BA (Hons) Jazz Studies Leeds College of Music
After 20 years professional playing experience and tutoring at the ACM and Brunel University I help students of all abilities take their playing to the next level.
- Prepare and take Trinity College Grades (Classical/Rock/Acoustic)
- Music tutoring for GCSE and A Level exams
- Prepare for Music College auditions
- Learn your favorite songs
- Transcribe guitar solos
- Guide singer-songwriters on guitar accompaniment and chordal ideas
- Improve ear training skills
- Prepare for a gigs and recording sessions
- Improve sight reading
- Get the best from recording sessions
- Explore the West End theatre world and pit work
- Apply Indian music concepts to the guitar
What areas do you need guidance on? Click below and I can get you booked in for a free chat on Zoom/Skype! I’m based just outside Bromley, an easy train ride from Central London and plenty of free parking if you prefer to drive!